[wplug] Cron Daemon Message

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Feb 26 08:23:24 EST 2004

wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
> I'm not sure when it started, It was a while ago -- but once
> a day I get the following message from the Cron Daemon:
>
> [--snip--]
> Subject: Cron <root at linuxbox> test -e /usr/sbin/anacron ||
> run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:30:40 -0500
>
> run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/man-db exited with return code 2 [--end
> snip--]
>

> This may sound like a silly question to some of you, but I'll
> ask anyway -- What does this mean?  (Running Debian Woody
> with 2.4.18 kernel)

	Have you looked at / tried to execute /etc/cron.daily/man-db to see
what the heck it does?  I'm not a debian user, but this is where I'd start
since it appears to be the "problem" (or is not getting the input it needs
from a precursor).  "return code 2" seems a bit ambiguous, but I am making
the leap of assumption that it's an error.

Love,
Don