booting from non-bootable CDs (was Re: [wplug] Suggested older notebook distro for noob?)

Duncan Hutty duncanhutty at attbi.com
Wed Feb 25 18:37:41 EST 2004

btmgr.sourceforge.net enables me to boot from several media types including non-bootable CD drives. I have had to struggle with all sorts of recalcitrant hardware and this has saved me.

I don't know anything about the code/project and whether it is Good or not but It Just Works. Put it on a floppy and it lets you boot from places crappy old BIOSes won't allow.

Duncan Hutty

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:02:09PM -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
<snip>
> I'd suggest Fedora or Knoppix (Knoppix can be installed on the HDD as
> well) but I'm not sure what you'd have to do to install either of those
> without a bootable CD.
<snip>