[wplug] Suggested older notebook distro for noob?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Feb 25 12:02:09 EST 2004

Scott Bourns wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I thought about that, but he doesn't have a bootable CD drive on the system.
> I think he really wants to install a new OS, anyway.

I'd suggest Fedora or Knoppix (Knoppix can be installed on the HDD as
well) but I'm not sure what you'd have to do to install either of those
without a bootable CD.

Either of those is pretty easy for a newbie to adjust to, and both have
the most commonly needed apps already installed.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies