[wplug] new HDD

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Sun Feb 22 10:00:42 EST 2004

Without taking the time to read all the replies (I'm on slow dial-up) you
can use hdparm

hdparm -I "device" - can't recall, but it may actually spit out serial
number info.

If the 2 drives are the same it's very likely that fdisk _will_ give you the
same info on c/s/h info.

FYI - redhat-config-foo tools are just GUI front ends for common GNU tools.
RH is 100% Open Source.  Wanting to know command line stuff is admirable,
but unless you're familiar with all of what the tools alter (especially in
the case of the network tools) it's pretty easy to mess things up.  Case in
point - a GUI tool that allows you to look at all your installed drives
simultaneously really makes adding drives stress free.

Don