[wplug] new HDD

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Feb 21 21:11:08 EST 2004

the usage "df <filename>" gives you the disk usage on the partition
where <filename> exists.  Since the *file* /dev/hda (the device file,
not the actually partition) exists on your root partition, it will
return the same results as /dev/hdb.

Check this out:

% df /dev/hda
/dev/hda                497829    225410    246717  48%

% df /dev/hdb
/dev/hdb                497829    225410    246717  48%

(and for giggles)
% df /dev/mouse
/dev/mouse              497829    225410    246717  48%

You should use something like 'fdisk -l /dev/hdb' to see what the
partitioning looks like.

jonathan