[wplug] Re: linux on sony vaio PCG FRV 26

Dileep Padinjarae Vangasseri dileep.pv at operamail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:55:27 EST 2004

Hello,

I recently got a Sony Vaio PCG FRV26 laptop. While I was trying to install RH 9.0 on this, it did not detect sony monitor and so once the installation is over, I had to change the monitor to generic with a resolution of 1024*768 to make it work. However, now I get an ugly band (in black screen) just before the redhat login window. My graphic card is radeon 64 MB. RH 9.0 installation has not selected that too and at present it is shown as generic. On the top of all these, I am not able to make my modem working. Have any one experienced problems like this on Sony Vaio? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the news groups suggested me to go for a Suse. But I do not have one at present with me.

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Dileep