[wplug] GNU/Linux ?

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Thu Feb 19 17:01:02 EST 2004

Personally, I'd invite any discussion at all that ultimately brings value to Linux. It just so happens that a lot of what brings value to Linux is OSS that either comprises a Linux system or builds on the system.

Talking about something like this:
http://www.brunswickwdi.com/bie
adds value to Linux, even if it's Java-based and uses mySQL as a back-end (for now). (I'm not affiliated with the project. I just think it's neat.)

Talking about something like this:
http://www.calmira.de/
does not, even though it's GPL'd. (I think it's neat, but I'm not affiliated with the project.)

Hence, we should spend more time talking about BIE than about Calmira. I don't know if BIE's being open-sourced makes it a better conversation piece, but it couldn't hurt.

--- David Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org