[wplug] Regarding Knoppix

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:51:48 EST 2004

Sometime in February Ghataora, Hardeep assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I'm not completely upto speed on how redhat does this, anaconda was
| releaed with shrike or was it around before then?

say you install redhat manually, selecting the different options you want.
all this stuff can be represented in the kickstart file. so after you're
done installing redhat sticks a couple files in roots home direcory
(/root). the anaconda-ks file, which contains the kicstart configuraiton
file that describes the install you just did, a file called install.log
which just contains a list of the packages you installed, and
install.log.syslog which is all the stuff reported to syslog during the
installation process (like the creation of new users).

anaconda has been around for a while, i want to say at least since rh 6.2.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E