[wplug] Regarding Knoppix

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:07:36 EST 2004

Sometime in February Ghataora, Hardeep assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| John,
|
| With a kickstart floppy will I still have the same media options?
| Network? Cd-rom?

you should. in the config menu, chec out the "installation method" tab
thing. i've only used it with http installs so the line in the kickstart
file looks something like:

url --url http://myserver/linux/insroot/9

after you install redhat, it normally creates a file in /root called
anaconda-ks.cfg which is the kickstart file you would use to repeat the
install you just did. i started with the anaconda-ks.cfg and modified it to
suit my needs.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E