[wplug] Regarding Knoppix

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 18 08:39:12 EST 2004

Sometime in February Ghataora, Hardeep assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Once you've installed it you'll have a fully functional copy of debian
| on your hard disk, and you can start using apt-get to update it. Works
| well I've done it on a few machines to get LINUX quick (I still don't
| know how to create a RedHat kickstart floppy).
|
| I've not given knoppix-installer a try, might give it a go this morning.

quick question, what version of debian is knoppix based on?

kickstart's not to hard to use. run:

$ redhat-config-kickstart

answer all of the questions and save the file to ks.cfg. put the ks.cfg
file on the bootable install floppy. when lilo comes up type:

linux ks=floppy

and it should be off. i've noticed that when kickstart does fail, the
errors are not terribly useful. python just kind of barfs out some stuff.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E