[wplug] Regarding Knoppix

Ghataora, Hardeep hghataora at ccac.edu
Wed Feb 18 08:02:39 EST 2004

Byron's right, there is a script called knx-hdinstall and one called
knoppix-installer, I usually use knx-hdinstall.

It has a few prerequesites before it'll install on your hard disk, I
think about 3 GB of disk space.
It's a shell script so you can tweak as needed, the script isnt too keen
on different partitions, it'll ask you for where to put / and then mount
that partition and copy the CD over and do post install tasks. But, that
can be overcome by altering the script.

Once you've installed it you'll have a fully functional copy of debian
on your hard disk, and you can start using apt-get to update it. Works
well I've done it on a few machines to get LINUX quick (I still don't
know how to create a RedHat kickstart floppy).

I've not given knoppix-installer a try, might give it a go this morning.

Hope this helps,