[wplug] GNU Linux

N. Iglehart sendai at amerion.com
Tue Feb 17 15:47:53 EST 2004

"We're way ahead of you here. The Hurd has always been on the cutting
edge
of not being good for anything." (Roland McGrath, GNU HURD kernel
developer)

"In short: just say NO TO DRUGS, and maybe you won't end up like the
Hurd
people." (Linus Torvalds, duh)

Anyways, no RMS is not just trying to differentiate between Linux and
GNU, he wants everyone, everywhere, evertime to say GNU/Linux. Again, I
understand his point but the more he goes on about it the more he starts
to sound like a spoiled child. Maybe that's a bit harsh, but he really
is something of a fanatic.

Of
> Weber, Larry A
> Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 3:26 PM
> To: 'wplug at wplug.org'
> Subject: [wplug] GNU Linux
>
> To be a GNU/Linux user group, does it have to be GNU+Linux?  Can it be
GNU