[wplug] In closing

Ghataora, Hardeep hghataora at ccac.edu
Tue Feb 17 14:39:25 EST 2004

WP*UG ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael M Delaney [mailto:mmdst23+ at pitt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 1:59 PM
To: wplug at wplug.org
Subject: RE: [wplug] In closing

Just to play devils advocate (or something along those lines), what
about, for example, X?  X is not under a GNU liscense, and neither is
Mozilla, so should we become the Western PA
GNU/X/Mozilla/OtherLiscense/Linux Users Group?

Why should we change the name of just one liscense?  Seems kinda unfair
to me, but it's not something we could do.  So lets just keep it at
Linux, its also less confusing to newbies.

Mike D

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Vanco, Don wrote:

> Wow - you're _totally_ forgeting that Linux is _just_ a kernel.
> Without GNU, Linux is little more than a great way to keep CPUs warm.

> NOt saying that RMS is right in all respects, but it _is_ GNU/Linux
> that we're all using.......
>
> Don

RMS