[wplug] In closing

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 13:28:48 EST 2004

I wonder if it would be possible to dual-purpose the group, perhaps
allow an official alternate expansion of the acronym WPLUG to "Western
Pennsylvania Linux Users and Gnu-enthusiasts", and/or "Western
Pennsylvania Linux, Unix and Gnu".  This requires no functional change
but, in my humble opinion, makes it clear that everyone's welcome.  In
fact, the latter expansion helps to explain why so many of you bring OS X
powerbooks to the regular meetings :)  I'm not sure this would get Richard
Stallman to come and talk, but even he doesn't always make the perfect
the enemy of the good.

Is there a formal procedure for suggesting such a change beyond my
casually mentioning it on this mailing list?

Bryon