[wplug] Will the real WPLUG please take charge

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Feb 17 09:57:18 EST 2004

> > Look at the lasting effects of Apple's great Super Bowl commercial.  Almost
> > nothing.
>
> Don't know what you're talking about.  What commercial?  What effects?  Show
> me actual market numbers to support your claim.  Otherwise, don't quote
> things like that.

	*exactly*

	I believe he was talking about the communist-looking retro b/w
commercial so long ago. It was fantastic when it was aired (and only aired
once), but not much came-about because of it, and few people remember
things like this.

> Yes, but the good data needs a way to _get_in_the_door_ and it's marketing
> that accomplishes that.  And politely handing out demo CDs at a large event
> is an inexpensive and reasonable way to market.  The fact that it's a minor
> coup against Microsoft has the added benefit that it might generate some
> mass-media interest.

	Linuxcare had these bootable business-card CDs they would give
out. A bit more slick than a sharpie-labeled one-write. I keep one in my
wallet for emergencies.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi