[wplug] Will the real WPLUG please take charge

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 17 08:48:36 EST 2004

Sometime in February Weber, Larry A assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Are we now entering into a new phase of WPLUG where we join forces with a
| pro-Soviet farce of an organization http://www.cmukgb.org/ to handout CD's,
| and play bingo?  How will we look partying while CMU and M$ are presenting a
| serious software talk.

can you provide a more specific link, or perhaps a quote from the page you
linked which ties wplug to this student organization? i'm really confused
by this.

| Does anyone feel that this college prank could in any way be a good way to
| advocate Linux?  It is all about image!  I cannot see this being in anyway
| productive.  There are better ways.

i personally don't feel it will be a college prank. if i can make it, i'm
not going to smear myself with red paint and say "the blood of the
microserfs is on your hands". i intend to dress nicely and answer anyones
questions about free software, the concept of open source, linux, etc.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E