[wplug] Will the real WPLUG please take charge

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Tue Feb 17 07:38:01 EST 2004

For the last 6 to 7 years WPLUG has been a valuable resource to Linux users,
programmers and those just interested in finding out what Linux can do for
them.  The membership has always acted respectfully with almost no flaming
of even the simplest questions.  It is primarily this type of support that
has been useful in getting management to specify that Linux be used in
several of our new products.

Are we now entering into a new phase of WPLUG where we join forces with a
pro-Soviet farce of an organization http://www.cmukgb.org/ to handout CD's,
and play bingo?  How will we look partying while CMU and M$ are presenting a
serious software talk.

Does anyone feel that this college prank could in any way be a good way to
advocate Linux?  It is all about image!  I cannot see this being in anyway
productive.  There are better ways.

-laweber