[wplug] open source distribution mission

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Mon Feb 16 10:50:00 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Bill Moran wrote:
> Considering the time frame involved, it would be difficult to put together
> something coherent, unless someone already had something ready.
>
> So the question becomes: is something incoherent better than nothing at all?
> I tend to believe that it is, because the biggest problem I hit with OSS is
> that people don't even realize that it's out there.  YMMV.

I don't.  For the most part, non-geeks just want stuff to work.  They
don't want to spend hours figuring it out.  Handing a incoherent (possibly
several) cd to them wouldn't result in anything beneficial.

Hell, if you want to impress, you'd probably be better off putting
together a powerpoint presentation of what's available than actually
giving away the software.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>