[wplug] MPEG player?

Hagbard Celine hceline at softhome.net
Sun Feb 8 11:44:08 EST 2004

For burning CDs, Winifred's HOWTO is definitive.  As far as /dev is concerned,
you've likely got all the nodes you need;  if you don't, it's much easier to
create /dev/scd0 (or whatever) by hand with mknod than to fool with MAKEDEV.

Whether you use a fancy GUI-based frontend or run cdrecord from the command
line, you're going to have to make sure you have support for SCSI emulation
and the required node(s) in /dev.  If you're new to kernel builds and device
nodes, it *can* be a bit scary, but there's really no way around it.  Just
read, read, read, then get out of those ropes and into a good belt of Scotch,
and dive in...

Perhaps it would help the composure to be sitting under a dwarf maple while
reading the HOWTO... :o)

Hagbard

--
"I was listening to the stacatto of rain on my desktop and reading my name
on the glass of my office door:  regnaD kciN"