[wplug] MPEG player?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat Feb 7 20:47:32 EST 2004

> Anyway, if you want a video player with all the codecs,  you probably want
> mplayer.  It's got lots of annoying dependencies, but if you get synaptic
> and apt-rpm you can have them figured out for you.

Perfect.  That does exactly what I wanted.  This is the most painless
thing I've installed to-date!

Now... what can you tell me about CD Recording?  The official howto on
TLDP is much too scary.  I mean, I'm happy to write scripts to screw with
my /dev directory, but I just wish it told me wtf it was making me do - as
root - on my system.

Also, if I can burn cds AND watch videos then my linux laptop will no
longer be less-functional than my WinBox (that is, when my WinBox has a
working HDD ....) which will be a real triumph for me.

-Brandon