[wplug] MPEG player?

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 19:20:09 EST 2004

I think redhat9 comes with plaympeg as part of sdl, not certain though.

Anyway, if you want a video player with all the codecs,  you probably want
mplayer.  It's got lots of annoying dependencies, but if you get synaptic
and apt-rpm you can have them figured out for you.

You can find links to apt-rpm and synaptic at freshrpms.net, and I seem to
recall that the codecs were in an apt repository at rpm.livna.org
but you might have to google around to find the details for those.