[wplug] Beta testing, anyone?

Hagbard Celine hceline at softhome.net
Fri Feb 6 12:40:33 EST 2004

The one reference I saw to something called 'cdplay' (its release date was
sometime in July 1996) led me to believe that it was ncurses-based and didn't
work with all drives.  I wanted something with essentially *no* display that
would stand a chance of working with a 2.4 series kernel.  I've noticed
type-related problems when trying to build older packages on newer
kernels/C libraries...

I *did* see something called 'dcd', but it insisted on going on the network
every time I fired up a CD.  I didn't want that either.

Actually, this is less a search for a solution to a problem than getting my
C legs back, so to speak.

Hagbard