[wplug] I dream of summer and MythTV - NOOB edition

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Thu Feb 5 13:11:52 EST 2004

Get the atrpms-kickstart package
(http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/atrpms-kickstart/) and it can
be *installed* with two commands:

apt-get update
apt-get install mythtv-suite

That will install most of it.  I had to patch and compile the ivtv drivers
from source to get my hardware mpeg card supported.  I also had to compile
lirc from source to get my IR receiver and remote working.

There's also some configuring that needs to be done.  But I found it
pretty straight-forward.  There's lots of docs and howto guides out
there... start at www.mythtv.org.

This guide is pretty popular: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

Here are some others:
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=install_guides