[wplug] I dream of summer and MythTV

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Thu Feb 5 12:06:57 EST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Vanco, Don wrote:
> > Of course, you void any support that you paid for when you
> > hack your Tivo, right?
> 	Sure - as opposed the warranty that you get with MythTV??  99.9% of
> the TiVo failures are recoverable - the other .1% are wasted TiVo due to
> stupid user error where the user in question is likely to fry a home PC in
> the same manner that they fry their TiVo..

I never implied Myth had a warranty.  That's a benefit of being free
software.

My point was if you're paying a couple hundred bucks for a consumer
product, you expect some support.  Hacking it pretty much voids that
though so I'd rather hack at Myth... just a preference I guess.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>