[wplug] Linux rescue mission?

Abe Raher ginkgo_gui at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 18:02:51 EST 2004

Hi wplug,

I have a colleague in Pittsburgh who I am planning to
switch to Linux from Windows. In the meantime her Win
box has become inoperable through a botched attempt to
upgrade from Win 98 to Win 2K.

I am in Baltimore and can't get to Pittsburgh right
away. If there's anybody who might be able to
help--what I think is needed is to boot the system off
a CD, back up her files, then wipe out Windows and
install Linux including OpenOffice.

Compensation would be negotiable--we can't spend much,
we're a startup.

Looking to do this tomorrow (Tuesday) or even tonight.

Please call me at: 410-435-0743.

Thanks much for your help.

Abe

=====