[wplug] Since we're off topic

Benjamin Slavin bslavin_list at wavecrazy.net
Tue Feb 3 13:54:13 EST 2004

If the video card isn't onboard, you may want to try switching it with
one known to work.

Onboard or not, strip everything (including the hard drives) from the
board and try to boot with only the motherboard, processor, and RAM (and
video card, if an add-on). If you have the parts, try to swap the RAM or
processors, too, though they'll usually initiate beep codes if they're
the cause of the problem.

I know that we had a system that would boot, appear to come-up normally,
scan for hard drives and not find any... the problem was the video card
(my point: the answer isn't always the obvious solution).

  --Ben