[wplug] Anyone familiar with a commercial X server from Xi G raphic

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Mon Feb 2 08:56:10 EST 2004

wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
>> The issue is that when connected to a projector (Proxima, pro
>> projectors here on CMU campus) when already booted AND the projector
>> has been running in 1024x768 (perhaps after a Win presentation?) all
>> is well... it mirrors the display correctly in 1024.
>>
>> If the X31 (running Red Hat 9) is rebooted, or connected to the
>> projector first then booted the projector defaults to 800x600 (highly
>> annoying as the projector SHOULD default to 1024 -- go figure).
>> Nothing short of hooking up a Windows (blech) notebook to the
>> projector will get the Proxima back to 1024.
	I have not been following this thread very closely, but based on
these comments I'd say you might consider having 2 X config files and a
simple script to swap them.

I'd:
- save my current, working laptop file as /etc/X11/XF86Config.laptop
- go to commend line (i.e. kill X) and connect the external projector
- run "redhat-config-xfree --reconfigure" and select "Generic LCD @
1024x768" if it cannot, in fact, find the projector on it's own
- see if that works, if so, copy off the config file as
~XF68Config.crap_projector
- write some simple widget script that allow you to copy one of the 2 files
to /etc/X11/XF86Config

	The fact that the projector cannot sync has nothing to do with the
last OS connected to it - it's either a crap projector or your laptop is not
capable of the resolution you think it is.....

Don