[wplug] queuing mail to be sent..

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Fri Dec 31 16:09:22 EST 2004

from machines not always connected to the net.

So I was thinking it would be neat to compose mail on a laptop not
connected to the net. Then, when I connect to the internet, have the
computer send out the mail. I'm currently using mutt to exim from our
server. I assume that it just connects to what ever is running on port 25
and sends it when I'm done composing. I know exim will hold a message for a
while and try to resend it ever so often. This doesn't seem like the best
solution to me.  I suppose I'll have to setup some kind of smtp
authentication on our mail server so I can send from something other than
localhost. I'm trying to figure out how to queue things up on the laptop.
Can someone point me to the best way to accomplish this?

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E