[wplug] iRiver iFP-890 Portable MP3 player (follow-up)

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Tue Dec 28 16:41:13 EST 2004

In case anyone is interested...

My wife ended up getting the iRiver iFP-890:
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/iFP-890.aspx

There is a very handy-dandy command-line utility on sourceforge called
ifp-line that basically works like FTP:
http://ifp-driver.sourceforge.net/

Once I got it installed (had to upgrade libusb), it worked like a charm.
I especially like the fact that you don't have to be root to use it
(therefore, I'll let my wife use it).

Now if there were only a place where you could download (legally) the
latest music (eMusic isn't quite it) using Linux.

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]