[wplug] calling all iptables gurus.. port forwarding with one nic..

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at alumni.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 27 14:04:01 EST 2004

On Monday 27 December 2004 20:44, Mike wrote:
> With iptables is it possible to port forward with a machine with one
> nic and one ip address?

Sure.

> If so how would would I go about opening port 110 on a box and
> forwarding that traffic to the mailserver.

Assuming that box!=mailserver, you'd do exactly what's described here:
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/resource_files/firewalls/IPTables-Tutorial/iptables-tutorial.html#DNATTARGET

I'm attaching a script I wrote a while ago - it did just that. You
should only need to adjust the IP addresses and ports of your machine
and the mailserver.

HTH + happy holidays!

-A