[wplug] Server install

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Thu Dec 2 10:58:39 EST 2004

Actually the drives in the server are SCSI. I attempted the install to hda1
out of sheer desperation even though I knew it wouldn't work. When
installing grub the installation failed with a big red box stating "fatal
error". Although I'm sure Debian logs error messages during the install
process, I'm unaware of where to look for these logs. It seems as though
Eric(Thanks!) provided the answer in his previous post about this being a
documented issue at bugs.debian.org. The person who reported the issue was
using RC1 of the installer and even though I'm using RC2 it seems to be the
same problem. Apparently it only affects sarge and the 2.6 kernel. I'm going
to try a reinstall today with the 2.4 kernel and see if that fixes it.

Should I report my problem to bugs.debian.org even though they seem to
already know about it? If I do report it, besides my specific hardware
details, are there any logs or other info I should include in the report?

Thanks.
Arnaud-