[wplug] Am I a jerk?

Eric C. Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Tue Aug 31 14:54:13 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 02:22:53PM -0400, Vanco, Don wrote:
> 	Over the last few weeks I have made several contributions to
> various software developers (individuals - not groups or projects) - in
> one case, what I consider to be a fairly significant amount (because I
> really, really like the package).  Typically via some means like Amazon
> or PayPal.
> 	My point: to date NONE of them have ever said "Thank You".

You can try the same technique we use with friends & relatives who
don't acknowledge gifts: send a polite follow-up email, ostensibly to
check whether the money was received OK, but implicitly pointing out
to them that they are rude SOBs who haven't said thank you.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u