[wplug] Just need to vent...

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Tue Aug 31 11:33:16 EDT 2004

  Implicit in our job descriptions, I postulate these concepts for your
approval;

1.  We fix everything that we can, given the inventory of our tools and
components.

2.  We cover our supervisor's posteriors by giving them detailed worst-case
scenarios of the potential costs associated with failures of what we are
given to work with, and recommendations of what would prevent that.  (Don't
forget to mention putting retreads on a Ferrari).

3. We cover our posteriors by keeping copies of such documents in our
"Pearl Harbor" file - ESPECIALLY if they don't cover our posteriors by
giving us what we need to prevent those scenarios..

If we don't detail the consequences of  their failure to help us keep the
systems reliable, IT IS OUR FAULT - not theirs.

Love;

  Conan, the Republican.

for such purpose.