[wplug] Just need to vent...

techmike mikeslists at access995.com
Tue Aug 31 09:15:22 EDT 2004

Sorry, Just need to vent..

Dont you just love it when your company won't buy any decent hardware so
you're forced to work with circa 1990 computers?

This morning I was in at 7:30 to find our win98 box we have displaying
stats on a tv-monitor has BSODed again..  (more frequently lately).

I have another box with the software already on it running 2k pro, so I
think I'll just swap the tv-out video card to the other box.

But it couldn't be that simple, the other box is a oem HP box with pheonix
bios and no way to disable the on board video.  Yet the board has an agp
slot.  <sigh>

It's 9:10 now, and I just got everything back to the way it was and I'm
nuking and repaving the bsoding machine..

Really seems like my linux boxes are the least problematic lately..

Anyone else deal with this sort of thing at work, looking like a fool
because you cannot accomplish a certain task with your sub-par hardware?  :)

First person to send me an off-list email with a work horror story gets a
gmail invite..  :)

Thank you for letting me vent..

-Mike