[wplug] Knoppix Home File

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Mon Aug 30 08:28:59 EDT 2004

I want to use a Knoppix 3.6 Live CD as a portable Linux.  For a portable
home file I would like to use a USB portable flash drive (Sandisk Cruzer).
The plan is to have a machine independent system.  Speed is no real concern.
Knoppix recognizes the USB flash drive (sda1) but in a read only mode.  The
same is true of HDA1 directories.  How do I change the settings for these
devices, particularly sda1?  Unmount and remount?

I would also like to store other configuration info on sda1 for things like
my browser.  I have searched the Knoppix page but have not found any related
info.  Can someone point out a resource for answers to theses questions?

-laweber