[wplug] Hierarchical runlevels?

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Mon Aug 30 07:43:11 EDT 2004

	Not really following you here - that's pretty much what Linux
does now.  Can you offer more detail on what you're trying to
understand?  While there's a couple of different styles (BSD and SysV)
Linux distros have a pretty clearly defined init process / hierarchy
(/etc/rc.d structure; rc.XXXinit files, etc).  You might want to google
(or search here) for "From power to bash" - IIRC it was a pretty good
document addressing Linux init.  Can't really say how much it talked
about actual services, but it covers the basics...

Don