[wplug] Ethernet Full Duplex Problem

Ken Rambler ken at ramblernet.com
Sun Aug 29 09:30:18 EDT 2004

I have two RH9.0 servers running, one is the firewall and the other a
file server. My Windows 2000 box on the LAN and the file server are set
to full duplex and transfer fine. The FW however is only half duplex. If
I try to force it full, I get very poor performance (transfer).

The FW log file reports...
Kernel: eth1: Transmit error, Tx status register 82.
Kernel: Probably a duplex mismatch
Kernel: Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 1925(5) current 192(5)
Kernel: Transmit list 00000000 vs. db562340.

The eth1 card is a 3Com 10/100 PCI card (3c95x)

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Ken

dangerous content by Ramblernet's MailScanner,
 and is believed to be clean.