[wplug] Debian Kernel rebuild

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat Aug 28 18:34:52 EDT 2004

> > I am trying to rebuild the kernel on this fresh Debian installation to
> > include (among other things) laptop-related power options support.  I ran
>
> What kernel?
> What version of Debian?
> Where did you get the kernel source code?

I'm sorry.  That message (of mine) was just inappropriate.  Suffice it to
say, I am weary of administrating computers and just want to start using
them again for a little while.

The kernel is 2.6.8 which I just downloaded via aptitude.  Debian is
Sarge, originally installed with a 2.6.5(?) kernel which lacked some vital
functions.

I simply re-ran make-kpkg buildpackage and it's been chugging along for
damn near an hour now, so I guess the problem mysteriously disappeared.

I will be more careful about my 'frustration' posts, as they have been
growing in frequency.

-Brandon