[wplug] Debian Kernel rebuild

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat Aug 28 17:39:45 EDT 2004

I am trying to rebuild the kernel on this fresh Debian installation to
include (among other things) laptop-related power options support.  I ran
make menuconfig (for some reason, ncurses-related applications look awful
on this system ... lots of hollow boxes instead of line-drawing
characters, the fonts change size when selected, and so on) And I
installed the debian kernel-package package, so I'm using make-kpkg
buildpackage.  However, it gets about 5 minutes in and fails with the
error 'mm/page-writeback.o: File or directory not found' and quits.  A
web-search reveals nothing.

Any ideas?

-Brandon