[wplug] duplex printing from RH9

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 27 10:53:27 EDT 2004

So the way that I did this was using redhat-config-printer which worked
pretty well for me.  I'm printing to a Canon ImageRunner using the
default PostScript driver, but this has worked with HPs in the past.

When you have information for the printer queue open go over to the
driver options tab.  Look at Double-Sided printing and select "Long Edge
(Standard)".  That should do it for you.  This is looking at a Fedora
Core 1 box, but when it ran RH9 it was similar.

Another nifty trick is that you can install two printer queues for the
same printer and have them differ only in the double sided printing
setting.  For example, the printer I use is called Legend, so I set up
queues called legend and legend2s (with the latter being duplexed and
the default).  Then when I print something it's as simple as doing "lpr
-P legend" to have the printer not duplex something.

Hope this helps.

--Patrick