[wplug] SuSE 9.1 glib2 errors.

Karlos Abel kgreat4 at connecttime.net
Thu Aug 26 17:32:27 EDT 2004

Sorry for the timidity, but I've been on other mailing lists where
newbies weren't exactly welcomed.

Anyway.  I'm trying to update gaim, which is a fairly useless program
but has led to problems I've had before.  I'm compiling it from the
source code, something I've done to other applications without major
issues.

Here comes the fun part.

For whatever reason, configure scripts have never, ever been able to
find my glib stuff.  I've got glib and glib-devel installed by YAST2 and
they seem to be there fine, but I can't figure out the following things:

1.  Where did YAST2 stash my glib and glib-devel?
2.  How do I tell a configure script to find it?
3.  How do I avoid this in the future?

I can provide detailed, reproducable error messages if needed.

Oh, just incase it helps, I'm running SuSE 9.1 professional on an HP
Pavilion a430n, AMD processor, kernel version 2.6.5

TIA
--
Karl Abel
DrBA Productions
kgreat4 at connecttime.net
www.voidship.net

"I think I'm better than all the people who are trying to reform me." -- Paul
Butterfield