[wplug] MythTV

Edward C. Smith esmith at smythenet.com
Sat Aug 21 11:51:28 EDT 2004

I'll have to Check out KnoppMyth. Currently I'm setting it up with FC2
and KDE as the base on an older box. I'm sort of following
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/, except I'm using FC2 as oppsoed to FC1. I'm
trying to set it up with a little hardware purchases as possible just to
make sure it's workable for me and to get the buy in from my wife. When
I do put together a real box I'll be with some slightly newer hardware,
but I really want to get this working first before dropping a bunch of
money.

How did you setup the TV Out on your Video card? I'm using a old Intense
VooDoo Rush card and I get the card to sync up properly with the TV. I
read on ATIs site that 36.1 Khz was the proper HSync but my Xserver
won't start with that setting.

Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem, or has a
suggestion on how to proceed. After three evenings of fiddling I'm still
stuck.

Where is the Good Will on the South Side located at? I'll be in the area
this weekend and Might stop by to see if they have anything I can use.

-Ed