[wplug] Strange IP Traffic

duncanhutty at comcast.net duncanhutty at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 13:32:03 EDT 2004

Would you mind modifying your From: field? It feels very strange to receive mail from 'wplug', the entity wplug itself does not as a rule send mail. And if it did, it would probably be from Beth Lynn.
Thanks
Duncan Hutty

I've noticed some strange IP traffic from one of my W2K systems across the firewall.
It appears that packets are going from my Windows box to IP 67.25.27.171 on incremental TCP ports (reporting open ports?). I've used the various virus & Trojan scans that report nothing. I'm not positive but it looks like services.exe may be sending the data or being used by another app.
Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks
Ken

dangerous content by RamblerNet.com, and is
believed to be clean.