[wplug] dkms from Dell

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Fri Aug 20 10:05:24 EDT 2004

	Intrigued, I started poking aboot on this.  Did you follow all
the links?  There's lots of detail here, including the pointer to the
SourceForge project.  I don't see any reason why this couldn't be used
for _any_ source patch to provide a module, and don't really see where
it's limited to just Dell machines as it's fairly open.  Arguably it
looks like it's been more heavily tested on Red Hat (the requirement of
a SPEC file for RPM usage, etc).  IIRC - Matt Domsch is a former RH
developer.  Seems like a cool idea....  I know that I really, really
dread kernel upgrades because of "modular madness".....

Don