[wplug] MythTV

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Fri Aug 20 09:54:30 EDT 2004

you may want to look at: http://www.pchdtv.com/ - they offer the HDTV
capture card (but you use a "standard" card as well) and have a complete
(MythTV) software suite that is "ready to run".  As mentioned,
KnoppixMyth is da bomb, yo.  FWIW - there are "per pay" listing guides
available on the 'Net (as well as free ones) but I can't speak to their
accuracy.

TiVo is great for archiving / pulling, but you cannot insert (on Series
2).  Before anyone says otherwise I know that you _can_ insert, but it's
such a major PITA (and offers many opportunities to turn your TiVo into
a boat anchor) that I can't see more than 1 in 10,000 people doing it.

Word.
Don