[wplug] OT: Consumer Reports ignores open source

steve leach stevenaleach at mac.com
Wed Aug 18 11:11:18 EDT 2004

Is this the same article which reviewed anti virus software?  I don't
actually receive C.R., but I heard an interview the other day on NPR
about this article.  I was amazed that they would devote so much time
to anti virus, anti spy-ware, and security software for Windows while
failing to mention that Windows is the only operating system on which
such things are necessary (due both to a lack of security and to a
virtually homogeneous population of unsecured windows boxes).  I don't
have access to the article, but this is what I gathered from the story.