[wplug] OT: Consumer Reports ignores open source

Scott F. Kiesling kiesling at pitt.edu
Wed Aug 18 10:31:47 EDT 2004

That's true, but CR is focused on the 'best buy' -- best quality for the
money. So they have a definite price * quality formula. OS does pretty
well at that.

I know all the ideological issues around 'free' (beer, speech, and all
that), but for this audience, I thought I would keep it simple and direct.

SFK

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 at 10:26am, the following was brought
forth by...:

kiesling at pitt.edu