[wplug] Two Subnets?

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Aug 17 21:08:32 EDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Christopher DeMarco wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 04:28:38PM -0400, Poyner, Brandon wrote:
>
> > 	echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> This will only hold until the next reboot!
>
> Put that command into /etc/rc.d/rc.local, or if  you're using a distro
> like Red Hat, Mandrakke or SuSE, read the manual to find out the Shiny
> GUI way to do it.

Gui-smooy, edit /etc/sysctl.conf and change
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

man sysctl is unclear on if it will save save settings from the
commandline.

-james

ps. Christopher, are you intentionally setting the reply to to include
yourself or did I screw up the settings on the mailing list?