[wplug] Internal hard drive deals?

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Aug 17 12:04:34 EDT 2004

Hello,

Unfortunately the standard for hard drives now-a-days is a 12 month
warranty.

I recently purchased this WD 200gig disk from the aforementioned company.
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-10263&qp=0&oid=80169&m=0

The packing was a cheesy plastic shell rather than the boxes that you are
used to. This was not OEM considering that I purchased this off the
shelves of a retail store. Low and behold there is a 3 year warranty
inside the packaging that WD wanted me to BUY for $40. Um, no thanks.

Assuming that you want a good price without messing around with rebates
AND your FedEx packages arrive without difficulty. try newegg
http://www.newegg.com

Enjoy!

Beth Lynn