[wplug] dependency hell

Christopher DeMarco cdemarco at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 17 02:28:23 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:43:01AM -0400, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
> Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:43:01 -0400 (EDT)

> Am I missing something obvious, or am I  just out of luck for having

1.  You're not circular yet - freetype != freetype-devel ;)

2.  When circularity (!) happens, either install all deps at once:
	  rpm -Uvh dep1.rpm dep2.rpm dep3.rpm
    Or if at first you don't succeed, force it:
	  rpm -Uvh foo.rpm --nodeps

3.  The post  about apt-rpm and yum  being good is  correct.  Both are
helpful in maintaining a RH system.

> becoming a nuisance yet?  If so, have no fear: I'm taking a vacation

When you become a nuisance, you will be told so in no uncertain terms.
Repent, or   counter-flame with  sufficient  skill,  and  you will  be
accepted.

--
% You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
Christopher DeMarco <cdemarco at fastmail.fm>